At E-Z-GO®, getting you safely to your destination is a top priority. Find safety information and notices regarding your E-Z-GO vehicle below.
General Safety Guidelines
Driving Your E-Z-GO
- Except where permitted by law, NEVER drive on public roads.
- State law or local rules may require additional equipment before an E‑Z‑GO vehicle can be operated in your community.
- Operators should have a valid driver’s license.
- Do not operate any E‑Z‑GO vehicle unless all occupants are properly seated and holding on. Driver and passengers must keep entire body inside vehicle while moving.
- Operate vehicles only from the driver’s seat.
- Always drive slowly in congested areas, on wet or loose terrain, and when backing up.
- Drive slowly when turning and avoid sudden stops.
- Always drive straight up and down slopes.
Starting Your E-Z-GO
To safely start an E‑Z‑GO vehicle:
- Turn the key to “on.”
- Select “forward” or “reverse.”
- Release the parking brake.
- Slowly press the accelerator pedal to start cruising.
Stopping Your E-Z-GO
- Do not coast, use brake when going down a slope.
- Always fully engage parking brake and remove the key before leaving the vehicle.
- In an electric vehicle, set the direction selector to “neutral.”
- In a gasoline-powered vehicle, set the selector to “forward.”
- Always bring vehicle to a complete stop before shifting the direction selector.
Maintaining Your E-Z-GO
- Never alter an E‑Z‑GO vehicle to increase travel speeds above factory specifications.
- Only authorized E‑Z‑GO dealers should alter the vehicle using approved parts. Alterations not approved or tested by E‑Z‑GO can create unsafe conditions and increase your chance of having an accident.
- E‑Z‑GO vehicles require regularly scheduled maintenance. See your owner’s manual for maintenance details.
- Only qualified professionals should service a vehicle.
General Dos and Don'ts
- Never drive any E‑Z‑GO vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Never leave children unattended or allow children to play on the vehicle.
- Never leave the key in the vehicle when parked.
- Never carry more than two (2) occupants on each bench seat.
- Do not exceed weight capacity stated in the E‑Z‑GO vehicle’s owner’s manual.
Non-TSV Approved Lithium Battery Conversion
January 27, 2021 — We recognize that some of our E-Z-GO vehicles are being modified with non-OEM lithium battery systems not approved by Textron Specialized Vehicles. These modifications pose safety hazards to drivers and riders.Read the Safety Notice (PDF)