E-Z-GO Safety Notice: NON-TSV Approved Lithium Battery Conversion
Date: January 27, 2021
- Before operating any E-Z-GO® vehicle, read all warning labels and the owner’s manual. Contact your local dealer or contact an E-Z-GO representative at 800-241-5855 for a replacement manual.
- Except where permitted by law, NEVER drive on public roads.
- Operators should have a valid driver’s license.
- Do not operate any E-Z-GO vehicle unless all occupants are properly seated and holding on. Driver and passengers must keep entire body inside vehicle while moving.
- Operate vehicles only from the driver’s seat.
- Always drive slowly in congested areas, on wet or loose terrain, and when backing up.
- Drive slowly when turning and avoid sudden stops.
- Always drive straight up and down slopes.
- Do not coast, use brake when going down a slope.
- Always fully engage parking brake and remove the key BEFORE leaving the vehicle. In an electric vehicle, set the direction selector to “neutral.” In a gasoline-powered vehicle, set the selector to “forward.”
- ALWAYS bring vehicle to a complete stop BEFORE shifting the direction selector.
- To safely start an E-Z-GO vehicle, turn the key to “on” – select “forward” or “reverse” – release the parking brake – then SLOWLY depress the accelerator pedal.
- NEVER drive any E-Z-GO vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- NEVER leave children unattended or allow children to play on the vehicle.
- NEVER leave the key in the vehicle when parked.
- NEVER carry more than two (2) occupants on each bench seat.
- Do not exceed weight capacity stated in the E-Z-GO vehicle’s owner’s manual.
- NEVER alter an E-Z-GO vehicle to increase travel speeds above factory specifications.
- ONLY authorized E-Z-GO dealers should alter the vehicle using approved parts. Alterations not approved or tested by E-Z-GO can create unsafe conditions and increase your chance of having an accident.
- E-Z-GO vehicles require regularly scheduled maintenance. See owner’s manual for maintenance details. ONLY qualified professionals should service a vehicle.
- State law or local rules may require additional equipment before an E-Z-GO vehicle can be operated in your community.